AT&T Throttling SMS messages

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

GrandWizard

AT&T Throttling SMS messages

Postby GrandWizard » Sun May 24, 2020 9:23 am

Since about May 11th, AT&T has been throttling/blocking our SMS alerts. We assume it is due to some new anti-SPAM mechanism that they have installed but regardless of the reason you can no longer rely on real-time alerts with AT&T.

If you wish to complain to them explain that your security provider uses their email-to-SMS gateway to send alerts to you and while the messages are accepted by AT&T, they aren't delivered.

Until they stop you can use the real-time PUSH notificaitons that the Eyezon app provides. Alternately you could use a service like Gmail to forward an email alert to your phone using the XXXXXXXXXX@txt.att.net format.

If any of our customers have a contact at AT&T that can lift the block, please forward this info to support@eyezon.com.

Please note that is also applies to Cricket Wireless as they are owned by AT&T

tahoels

Re: AT&T Throttling SMS messages

Postby tahoels » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:15 pm

any clue as to when this might be resolved ? or a fix

ubiquityman

Re: AT&T Cricket Wireless Throttling SMS messages

Postby ubiquityman » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:32 pm

Problem has been resolved for me.

I had problems with MMS messages getting through. They were being blocked.
My previous workaround was to use a forwarding email address to indirectly send to the mms gateway.

But as of today, the problem has been resolved for me.
It took a few hours over a two week period with their tech support, but now my direct MMS messages from EyezOn are getting through again.

For all of you that are still having issue, please ensure that you have verified the MMS/SMS gateway email address within the EyezOn account.
I had deleted it previously during troubleshooting, then re-entered my contact info, but at that time, I could not validate the PIN because the SMS/MMS messages were being blocked. Once ATT/Cricket fixed whatever it was at their end, I had to re-do the contact verification with EyezOn.

tahoels

Re: AT&T Throttling SMS messages

Postby tahoels » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:00 pm

so far so good here working

Return to “EnvisaLink ( IP100D, IP170D, 2DS, 3, 4)”