HomeKit Automation possible

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Mbsbms

HomeKit Automation possible

Postby Mbsbms » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:23 pm

I’m a newbie to the forum but have used HomeKit with a variety of products in my home. I have yet to fully integrate a few items including my alarm system and Ring doorbell.
My question is: if I install Homebridge on a Raspberry Pi and connect my Envisalink to it, can I disarm my DSC panel with my geolocation like my August door lock unlocks as I arrive home? Or do I need to enter the alarm panel code?

Thank you!

STCummings

Re: HomeKit Automation possible

Postby STCummings » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:43 am

I have no answers yet, but I am interested in the same question that you have. I have an ADT system with an Envisalink 4 operating in parallel. I would like to add the Envisalink 4 into my Apple Home, but I haven't figured out how to do that as yet. Homebridge seems the likely solution, but I don't know that it will work the way I want it to work. That is, to be able to arm/disarm, to see the status of individual sensors, and to control devices such as locks. By the way, I rather disappointingly learned that Envisalink 4 apparently does nothing for Z-wave locks as I can neither see status nor control same with Envisalink 4 interface.

mikemm43

Re: HomeKit Automation possible

Postby mikemm43 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:21 pm

One setup that is possible:
- EnvisaLink
- Raspberry π
- Smartthings hub

You can install the following:
- Smartthings bridge for EnvisaLink <-> Smartthings ---- https://community.smartthings.com/t/dsc ... artthings/
- HomeBridge plugin for Smartthings <-> HomeKit ----- https://community.smartthings.com/t/rel ... hings-v2-0
- Webcore for Smartthings (allow for user friendly scripting automations, more in-depth automation than the default functionality)

If you have extra devices (Zwave, Zigbee, ... ex: August / Ring), you can also add them through the Smartthings hub, the HomeBridge plugin will take care of porting them over to HomeKit.

This can allow you to do automation logic on either Smartthings or Homekit.
I like Homekit a lot, but find it easier to do automations on Smartthings, especially through Webcore. While Homekit is very user friendly, its automations are limited. I find webcore to be great for all my complex needs.

This is my current setup.

Another option I heard is great is HomeAssistant. I don't have any direct experience with it however.

Return to “EnvisaLink ( IP100D, IP170D, 2DS, 3, 4)”