New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

hionhifi
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: New Feature Requests

Postby hionhifi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Jimmylala wrote:Any idea how I can intergrate the EnvisaLink EVL-4 with Samsung smart things and also i post a pic of my panel u help if it will work with the EnvisaLink EVL-4 thanks

Jimmylala, you may want to checkout the Smartthings forum. Several people there have integrated EnvisaLink EVL-4 with their Smartthings hub. Here are a few of several I've seen; https://community.smartthings.com/t/dsc ... erver/3143 , https://community.smartthings.com/t/ad2 ... ings/10901

I hope these help. I myself am still trying to get to first base. I know the EnvisaLink EVL-4 is the missing link my security system, but I'd like to save on expenses by using my existing Honeywell LynxR 2 system with it. The problem is the LynxR 2 is old and may not "talk" properly to the EVL-4. Well see. Anywho, good luck on the Smartthings integration and let us know if you find something that works for you. Inquiring minds would like to know.

JYB
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Re: New Feature Requests : TPI IT-100 compatibility

Postby JYB » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:04 pm

Is there any plan to support theses IT-100 commands :

LCD Update (Command 901)
LCD Cursor (Command 902)
LED Status (Command 903)

Beep Status (Command 904)
Tone status (Command 905)
Buzzer status (Command 906)
Door chime statut (Command 907)

Thanks

tpham3783
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:23 am

Re: New Feature Requests

Postby tpham3783 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:35 am

Hi,

I just purchased a EVL4 module an hour ago, and I would like to request the following features:


1. Dial out using SIP VOIP. Since I am running an asterisk system, it would be nice if the EVL can dialout alerts. More-over, users can always register VOIP trunk services from the internet like voip.ms or flowroute. These services are cheap anyway, so I can image most users would go this route to have the dial out feature in case of emergency.

2. HTTP get/post on zone status change or in alarm state. This would be nice to be able to integrate seamlessly with other systems.

3. Support MQTT protocol - low priority
This would be nice because it would integrate very well with IOT devices.


I am a developer and willing to contribute to feature# 1 if your company needs help.


Thank you,

Toan Pham

rct
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Re: New Feature Requests

Postby rct » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:52 pm

I'd like to see some moderately flexible user definable alerts. Maybe some of this exists in Envisalerts+ but I couldn't tell from the description.

One of the things that I liked from the iControl portal is setting alerts for zone openings that should rarely ever have activity regardless of alarm state. In other words, For example, if the cellar door opens, I want to know about it even if I'm home. I don't want to set the zone to 24 alarm, because I or someone else would forget to bypass the zone the once or twice a year it gets opened.

It alerted me to some sensor troubles when the alarm wasn't active. That's how I found out that the DSC glass break sensor could be tripped by my dog barking nearby.

GrandWizard
Posts: 1769
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: New Feature Requests

Postby GrandWizard » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:49 pm

rct wrote:I'd like to see some moderately flexible user definable alerts. Maybe some of this exists in Envisalerts+ but I couldn't tell from the description.

One of the things that I liked from the iControl portal is setting alerts for zone openings that should rarely ever have activity regardless of alarm state. In other words, For example, if the cellar door opens, I want to know about it even if I'm home. I don't want to set the zone to 24 alarm, because I or someone else would forget to bypass the zone the once or twice a year it gets opened.

It alerted me to some sensor troubles when the alarm wasn't active. That's how I found out that the DSC glass break sensor could be tripped by my dog barking nearby.


Yes, we've had that for some time with our Envisalerts+ offering. Partition deliquency has been around since 2004, way before the existence of iControl, and server side zone inactivity timers (delinquency) was added almost 2 years ago. Zone followers have been available since 2009.

hokie21
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Re: New Feature Requests

Postby hokie21 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:06 am

tpham3783 wrote:1. Dial out using SIP VOIP. Since I am running an asterisk system, it would be nice if the EVL can dialout alerts.

If you have Asterisk, you could install the Contact ID alarm receiver application. You can then implement your requested feature yourself just exactly as you would like it to work.

https://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Ast ... rmReceiver

You could also get data from the telnet interface or syslog on the EVL and use that to trigger call generation from the Asterisk Gateway Interface.

hokie21
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Re: New Feature Requests

Postby hokie21 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:13 am

I requested this several years ago, but I will request it again...

I would like to see the capability of putting the system into test mode via the web portal. Not only would it be more convenient than calling the central station, but doing it this way could also cause any text messages generated while in test mode to be prefixed with **TEST**.

I have extended family members who receive text messages for alarms from my house. I always forget to call them to tell them that there isn't really a fire or burglary or flood, it is just me testing the system.

While there are many feature from Eyez-on I like better than the Internet alarm service I was previously using, this is one feature that they had that EyezOn does not that I still miss to this day.

GrandWizard
Posts: 1769
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Re: New Feature Requests

Postby GrandWizard » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:21 am

hokie21 wrote:I requested this several years ago, but I will request it again...

I would like to see the capability of putting the system into test mode via the web portal. Not only would it be more convenient than calling the central station, but doing it this way could also cause any text messages generated while in test mode to be prefixed with **TEST**.

I have extended family members who receive text messages for alarms from my house. I always forget to call them to tell them that there isn't really a fire or burglary or flood, it is just me testing the system.

While there are many feature from Eyez-on I like better than the Internet alarm service I was previously using, this is one feature that they had that EyezOn does not that I still miss to this day.


Unfortunately there is no direct communication between Eyezon's servers and the Central Monitoring Stations we use across North America. Your Envisalink communicates directly with the station and does not rely on Eyezon's servers to relay your alarm signals. This makes it much more reliable than any other IP-based monitroing system. But the fact we don't store-and-forward your alarms signals also means we can't do what you are suggesting. Sorry.

rct
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Re: New Feature Requests : TPI IT-100 compatibility

Postby rct » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:05 pm

JYB wrote:Is there any plan to support theses IT-100 commands :

LCD Update (Command 901)
LCD Cursor (Command 902)
LED Status (Command 903)

Beep Status (Command 904)
Tone status (Command 905)
Buzzer status (Command 906)
Door chime statut (Command 907)

Thanks


Ok, now I finally understand why there are still some applications that are still IT-100 only. Almost makes we want to add an IT-100.

It would be extremely cool if the Envisalink actually had that functionality that would allow a true virtual keypad. (Though I'm guessing if it was possible to do, they would have done it already.)

rct
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Re: New Feature Requests

Postby rct » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:20 pm

GrandWizard wrote:
rct wrote:I'd like to see some moderately flexible user definable alerts. Maybe some of this exists in Envisalerts+ but I couldn't tell from the description.

One of the things that I liked from the iControl portal is setting alerts for zone openings that should rarely ever have activity regardless of alarm state ...SNIP....


Yes, we've had that for some time with our Envisalerts+ offering. Partition deliquency has been around since 2004, way before the existence of iControl, and server side zone inactivity timers (delinquency) was added almost 2 years ago. Zone followers have been available since 2009.


Ah Ok, Thanks. "Zone Follower" is another piece of alarm system terminology that I didn't know/understand until now. So I didn't know the functionality existed. The references to deliquency when I first read the DSC documentation were also opaque to me. I wish I found a proper glossary when I started.


Return to “EnvisaLink ( IP100D, IP170D, 2DS, 3, 4)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests