Eyezon Mobile App now available for iOS

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

zedder

Re: Eyezon Mobile App now available for iOS

Postby zedder » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Ah ok, it caught me off guard...thanks for the reply...now that I know what it is and why it's there, I won't delete it...
I just wanted to make sure no one else was getting notified when my alarm was armed/disarmed!

rct

Postby rct » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:32 am

Glad to have the iOS app. One bug I'd like to see fixed soon, the password entry field seems to be a regular text entry field. It shows the typed password, which is mildly disturbing. BUT, as a text field it's interacting with the text/spelling suggestions, so I fear the password is going to wind up in the device dictionary or worse shared as part of the word prediction machine learning data sets.

Can that please be fixed?

Also a welcome enhancement for iOS would be to be able to use the Apple keychain/touch-id mechanism to be able to retain the credentials longer with some protections.

GrandWizard

Postby GrandWizard » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:10 am

Which password entry field are you referring to?

rct

Postby rct » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:14 pm

GrandWizard wrote:Which password entry field are you referring to?

The main/initial login screen.

anzio

Postby anzio » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Thanks for this! This is so much better than relying on an SMS email gateway to deliver these alerts.

I second the request that the password field be updated to be a password field. It's easy to do, since it looks like a regular UITextField element (set secureTextEntry to true). You should also set the textContentType to username and password for the respective fields to let Keychain Autofill become available (then we don't have to scour for, and copy our passwords). https://developer.apple.com/documentati ... 3-password.

Only other suggestion is maybe a universal app for iPad, or at the very least, include the icon image assets for an iPad Pro? Right now it looks like the app is missing the icon's for my iPad Pro, so I just get a placeholder icon which looks a little messy.

Other then that, this is awesome! Seems to work great, including push notifications. A much better experience!

rct

Postby rct » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:52 pm

Enhancement request - the iOS app doesn't seem to show if they panel or any zones are reporting trouble.

DoiniSideways

Postby DoiniSideways » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Hey All,

Loving my new EVL4 on my DSC alarm. It is working great within my home vera automation...

I have one question, how do i setup the app on multiple devices? I have it installed on my phone and then went to put it on my phone, but it needs a login username and password? Do i just use my login/password (ie. can two people login at the same time) or do i somehow create a new account for my wife and then assign the module to her too??

Im a little confused...

Cheers,
Josh

anzio

Postby anzio » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:25 pm

DoiniSideways wrote:Do i just use my login/password (ie. can two people login at the same time) or do i somehow create a new account for my wife and then assign the module to her too??

Im a little confused...

Cheers,
Josh

You can definitely use the same login on multiple devices. We have used the same login on three iPhones, and a few iPads. Just note that they each get their own identifier for push notifications (each device can sign up to receive different alert settings as these are not universal).

DoiniSideways

Postby DoiniSideways » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:27 pm

anzio wrote:
You can definitely use the same login on multiple devices. We have used the same login on three iPhones, and a few iPads. Just note that they each get their own identifier for push notifications (each device can sign up to receive different alert settings as these are not universal).

Hi Anzio,

Thanks for confirming that mate, i didnt want to dive in head first and do that and cause some problems...

Thanks,
Josh

Anarchy2007

Postby Anarchy2007 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:47 am

Are there any know issues with Envisalink 4 and IOS 11? I regretably updated to ios11 and have had tons of issues with the phone and apps since.

I also replaced my envisalink 3 (lightning Damaged) with and envisalink 4 during the above period. Now I receive very limited events on my phone, my wife still receives all events as setup under her account settings. She uses an Android phone.

Any help would appreciated

Return to “EnvisaLink ( IP100D, IP170D, 2DS, 3, 4)”